Southeast Asia is an exciting region of great contrasts, from rural villages and French colonial cities to modern skylines. Spectacular scenery abounds with lush tropical vegetation, misty mountains, terraced rice paddies, magnificent temples, open-air markets and traditional villages. Much of the beauty of this region lies in the peacefulness and warmth of the people who have lived much the same way for hundreds of years.
Delightful Vietnam stretches from the Chinese border to the tropical Mekong Delta, offering unspoiled nature, beautiful islands, bustling cities, fantastic cuisine and friendly people. Cambodia is a country of wonderous beauty and, as successor to the Khmer Empire, home to Angkor Wat and the other incredible temples of 12th century Angkor - a collection of monuments unrivalled in grandeur in all of Southeast Asia. Laos is a mountainous country long isolated from the outside world, where many of the traditions that have disappeared elsewhere remain. Rural life here is timeless, with stilt houses, paddy fields and saffron-robed monks.
• Ho Chi Minh City, a buzz of commerce and culture
• Charming temples and pagodas of Hanoi
• The magical islands of Halong Bay
• Vientiane, the elegant French colonial capital of Laos
• Vang Vieng’s fish market and Nam Ngum Lake
• Luang Prabang - a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Boat trip on the Mekong Delta
• Incredible Angkor Wat - Cambodia’s national symbol
• Le Sap Lake’s floating villages (Siem Reap)
• The architectural wonders of Phnom Penh
* Those joining any of our tours to Asia must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.