Patagonia - the southern tip of South America at what is very nearly the end of the world, has for centuries lured adventurers with its age-old glaciers, snow-capped peaks, cobalt fjords and spellbinding vistas.
We begin in Argentina’s capital, Buenos Aires - the birthplace of the tango. This cosmopolitan city has wide boulevards, French colonial architecture, colourful traffic-free shopping areas and a legendary lively atmosphere.
Then we travel to Patagonia, a region shared by Argentina and Chile, with the Andes Mountains as its dividing line. We will tour the highlights of this mystic region including the amazing Perito Moreno Glacier.
We continue our adventure to Chile’s lively capital city of Santiago, with its stunning backdrop of the majestic Andes. In addition to touring the city we will also visit Vina del Mar, known as the 'Garden City' and one of Chile's premier beach resorts, as well as Valparaiso - a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Chile's most historic ports, with its colourful hillside houses.
*** This tour is suitable for the fit and active traveller.
- Buenos Aires, including a Tango Cabaret
- Tigre – the enormous delta of the Parana River, with a river boat cruise along the canals and streams Glacier National Park
- Perito Moreno Glacier – Highlight of Patagonia!
- Upsala Glacier
- Argentino Lake
- Visit of Estancia Chali Aike
- Torres Del Paine National Park
- Punta Arenas
- Valparaiso – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Santiago - Chile’s colonial capital
- Visit of Santa Rita Winery in the Maipo Valley