This 2-Centre Holiday includes 7 nights in each of Tucson and Phoenix. Both cities are located in the flourishing and lush Sonoran Desert and are rich with history, culture, arts and entertainment. A wonderful diversity of food and culinary delights, galleries and shopping are available wherever you turn in these charming “Old West” towns.
Tucson (the “City of Sunshine”) is a fascinating mix of Wild Western, Spanish, Mexican and Indian cultures. Nearby is the famous Wild West town of Tombstone - home to the legendary Wyatt Earp and the OK Corral.
Phoenix is located in the “Valley of The Sun” - so called because there are more than 300 days of sunshine every year. In addition to the desert, lush with Saguaro and Prickly Pear cactus, the nearby Superstition Mountains offer an incredible diversity of wildlife.
In both locations we will stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton. (Tucson East and the Biltmore in Phoenix). The spacious suites are tastefully decorated and contain a separate bedroom with either two Queen beds or one King. The living/dining area in the suites have a wet bar with microwave, coffee-maker, fridge and sink.
Both hotels have a restaurant, heated outdoor pool, complimentary Wi-Fi, beautifully landscaped courtyards, a fitness centre, made-to-order breakfasts and complimentary Evening Receptions. Our Phoenix hotel is within a mile of Camelback Mountain (a great place to walk and experience the local flora and fauna), golf courses, the Biltmore Fashion Park, and Old Town Scottsdale.
• “Taste of Tucson” - a culinary and cultural tour of the historic sights and local eateries of Downtown Tucson
• Sabino Canyon tram tour through the desert oasis
• Sonoran Desert Museum
• Tombstone – “The Town Too Tough to Die”
• Heard Museum - internationally acclaimed museum of Native heritage
• Canyon Lake – stunning shorelines and red rock cliffs
• Musical Instrument Museum– the largest and most extraordinary musical museum in the world