We begin in the capital city - Edinburgh, where we will stroll on Princes Street and attend the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo. Then we journey through the untamed Scottish Highlands and Islands. En route we visit tragic battlefields, picturesque harbour towns and fairytale castles, view the wild and rugged landscape of Caithness and the west coast, travel along the Great Glen, sail to the Orkney Islands to admire its picture book landscape and visit 2 of the largest Hebrides Islands - Skye and Mull. Along the way we learn about turbulent battles, the complex history of the Scottish Monarchy and the fascinating world of Scotland’s famous poets and writers. We will also enjoy some wonderful cultural events unique to Scotland. By the end of this tour you will have discovered why the Scots are so proud of their heritage, leaving you with cherished memories of the country and its people!
• Royal Yacht Brittania
• The mysterious and infamous Loch Ness
• Islands of Orkney, Skye, Mull and Iona
• Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
• St. Andrew’s - Scotland’s world famous home of golf
• Culloden Battlefield
• Dunrobin Castle
• Eilean Donan Castle
• Stirling Castle and Culzean Castle
• Roberts Burns Cottage
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.