In Bordeaux we will discover incredible architecture, fine cuisine and vibrant culture. We will also explore the delightful vineyards of St. Emilion and Medoc, and the stunning lagoon and sand dunes of Arcachon Bay. In Lourdes (in the picturesque Pyrenees Mountains), we’ll visit the famous sanctuary. Then in spectacular Pyrenees National Park we’ll see the majestic peaks, deep valleys, charming villages and the wonder of Gavarnie - an incredible amphitheater surrounded by 16 summits of over 3000 metres high! We’ll enjoy a walking tour in Bayonne, one of southern France’s prettiest towns, en route to Biarritz - the resort town of royalty. While here, we’ll explore lively fishing villages and traditional Basque farms. Our final base is Bilbao, home of the iconic Guggenheim Museum - the symbol of the city. Bilbao has lovely riverside walking paths and pedestrian-friendly streets with endless shops, bars and restaurants. In this region we’ll discover chic San Sebastian, the famous iron “hanging bridge” over the Nervion River, and the Magdalena Palace on its rocky peninsula. All along the way we will sample many of the local wines and culinary specialties of the regions we visit.
• The World Heritage Sites of Bordeaux and St. Emilion
• Vineyards & wineries of St. Emilion and Medoc regions
• The resort town of Arcachon and the Pilat Dunes
• Oyster tasting in the port of Larros in Gujan-Mestras
• Lourdes - one of the most important pilgrimage sites
• Spectacular Pyrenees National Park
• Bayonne - Capital of the French Basque Country
• Biarritz and the picturesque Basque villages
• Coastal San Sebastian’s old town and Albaola
• Art and architecture of Bilbao & Guggenheim Museum
• Bay of Santander on Spain’s northeast coast
• Cruise on Nervion River to Getxo
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.