The splendour of the season can be seen, and felt, at every turn on the cobbled streets. Especially delightful are the Christmas Markets, with stalls bursting with traditional crafts, unique gifts and delicious local food. The atmosphere alone makes for a wonderfully festive day.
This splendid seasonal tour features a host of picturesque, vibrant and historic places, beautifully decorated at this special time of year.
Our first 5 nights will be in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Set in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside, Shakespeare’s birthplace is a magical blend of heritage and drama, and so it is named one of Britain’s Heritage Cities. This thriving market town is a perfect combination of old and new and a perfect base for enjoying the festive season.
Next is a 4-night stay in Cardiff, the capital of Wales. The Christmas market here is one of Britain’s finest, with rows of beautifully decorated wooden stalls in the pedestrian heart of the city centre. An eclectic mix of exhibitors, with their original handmade products, makes Cardiff’s Christmas Market different and special every year.
Our remaining 3 nights will be at a centrally located hotel in London. At this time of year “Everyone’s Favourite City” is an enchanting experience you do not want to miss.
- Shakespeare’s Schoolroom and Guildhall
- Shakespeare’s Distillery / Royal Shakespeare Theatre
- The Cotswolds - Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Warwick Castle - architectural gem & medieval history
- Weston’s Cider
- Welshcakes & Wine Food Tour / Cardiff Male Choir
- Tredegar House - 17th-century mansion
- World Heritage Site of Blenheim Palace
- Greenwich World Heritage Site
- Windsor Castle
*** Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.