This unique area has colourful historic towns and villages, wonderful vistas of constantly changing landscapes, magnificent seascapes and much more to offer.
In Devon (“The English Riviera”), you’ll find that there is more to this spectacular and diverse county than beautiful beaches and stunning scenery. There are National Parks, historic monuments and architecture, rustic villages and strange rock outcrops known as “tors”.
Cornwall was one of the last great bastions of Celtic culture. Its south coast has wild and beautiful landscapes, where a green and gold tapestry of wooded hills drop down to secluded coves and inlets that hide enchanting fishing villages and exotic gardens.
A special feature of this tour will be our 3 dinners at a special collection of pubs. Since the earliest days of British history the pub has been at the very heart of every English community. These evenings out will ensure that you too can experience the warmth and ambiance of this timeless tradition.
• Wells Cathedral - “the most poetic English Cathedral”
• Bath - UNESCO World Heritage site
• Cheddar Gorge - one of England's most iconic and spectacular landscapes
• Clovelly - the timeless village
• Port Isaac – of Doc Martin fame!
• The Eden Project
• Plymouth - the historic maritime city
• Dartmoor National Park
• St. Michael’s Mount and St. Ives
• Exeter - one of England’s oldest cities
* Those joining our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.