• Quito • Cuenca
• The Highlands • The Jungle
From the magnificent landscape of the Andes Mountains, to the intense bio-diversity of the Amazon jungle, and the delightful Pacific coastline, Ecuador is a land of incredible beauty, and is emerging as one of South America’s most popular tourist destinations.
We begin in Quito, Ecuador’s capital, which has South America’s largest concentration of Spanish colonial architecture. Its location high in the Andes gives it one of the most beautiful natural settings of any world capital.
From Quito we travel to the Highlands, where we’ll take in the incredible scenery, picturesque villages, indigenous people and the famous handicraft market of Otavalo.
Then we travel to the jungle of the Ecuadorian Amazon, one of the world’s richest eco-systems. We will stay in a comfortable jungle lodge in the rainforest, where there are countless species of birds, animals and flora in the jungle.
Next is the beautiful colonial city of Cuenca - a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site and birthplace of the Panama Hat. The city features cobblestone streets, winding rivers, graceful ironwork balconies and beautiful gardens.
We finish at the seaside village of General Vallamil, with an excursion to the EL Morro water channel and the famous Bird Island to see a wide variety of tropical birds.
• Quito’s colonial centre - a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Equatorial Museum - stand with one foot in each hemisphere!
• Devil’s Cauldron Waterfall
• Amazon Rainforest
• Visit with a Native community
• Andes Mountains
• Cable car ride across the Zamora river canyon
• Cuenca, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Beautiful seaside village of General Vallamil
* This tour is suitable only for the fit and adventurous traveller who enjoys walking.