With its emerald-green coloured lake, picture-perfect church on an islet, a medieval castle clinging to a rocky cliff and some of the highest peaks of the Julian Alps, it’s no wonder that Lake Bled is Slovenia's most popular and picturesque places to visit.
This Alpine lake has been a world-renowned paradise for centuries, impressing visitors with its natural beauty, wealth of legends, and special powers to restore well-being. Six included excursions will allow us to explore the region while also allowing time to relax and take in the splendid beauty of the lake and surrounding peaks.
Before Lake Bled, we will spend one night in Slovenia’s capital city, Ljubljana - considered to be one of Europe's greenest and most liveable capitals. Car traffic is restricted in the city centre, so the streets are perfect for strolling and enjoying the local cafes that line the riverbank. Overlooking the town sits Ljubljana Castle, dating from the early 16th century and accessed by a funicular that provides stunning views of Old Town Ljubljana.
Our hotel for our 12 nights in Lake Bled is the recently renovated First Class Bled Rose Hotel, located 160 meters from the lake. The hotel’s common areas provide breathtaking vistas. Take a stroll around the easily walkable vicinity or a splash in the indoor pool, all with picturesque Lake Bled as your backdrop. Guests suites include air conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safe, flat-screen TV and a balcony.
• City tour of Ljubljana Old Town
• Funicular ride up to Ljubljana Castle
• Visit glacial Bohinj Lake and a local cheese farm
• Pletna boat ride to Bled Island and visit of Bled Castle
• Postojna’s incredible Karst cave system
• Visit the Secovlje salt pans
• Maribor – the world’s oldest wine plant & wine tasting
• Dolenjska region – Olimje and Bizeljsko
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily