The splendour of this season can be seen, and felt, at every turn on the cobbled streets. This splendid seasonal tour features a host of picturesque and historic places, beautifully decorated at this special time of year, delicious food and sensational holiday entertainment!
Our first 5 nights will be in Stratford-upon-Avon, set in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside on the banks of the River Avon. Shakespeare’s birthplace is a magical blend of heritage and drama and is one of Britain’s Heritage Cities. This thriving market town is a perfect combination of old and new and a perfect base for experiencing the festive season.
Then we spend 4 nights in Bury St. Edmunds - a jewel in the crown of Suffolk, surrounded by countryside with 1,000 years of history to explore. Bury St. Edmunds - the home of Saint Edmund - the original patron Saint of England, offers visitors award-winning restaurants, fantastic shopping, annual festivals and stunning parks.
Our final 4 nights are in Dorking - an historic market town surrounded by the beautiful Surrey Hills. You can catch glimpses of the wooded hills and open downland as you walk along the historic streets of the town.
• Shakespeare’s Schoolroom and Guildhall
• Shakespeare Distillery, Gin demo and tasting
• World Heritage Site - Blenheim Palace
• First class Birmingham Tattoo and Christmas Market
• Cambridge - one of England’s Heritage Cities
• Evening Pantomime
• Thursford Extravaganza
• Holkham Hall and Estate
• London city tour including the Royal Albert Hall
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.