The lead-up to Christmas is a magical time in England, with windows and doorways swagged in lush garlands, festooned with holly berries and twinkling lights
The splendour of this season can be seen, and felt, at every turn on the cobbled streets. This splendid seasonal tour features a host of picturesque and historic places, beautifully decorated at this special time of year, delicious food and sensational holiday entertainment!
Our first 5 nights will be in Stratford-upon-Avon, set in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside on the banks of the River Avon. Shakespeare’s birthplace is a magical blend of heritage and drama and is one of Britain’s Heritage Cities. This thriving market town is a perfect combination of old and new and a perfect base for experiencing the festive season.
Then we spend 4 nights in Bury St. Edmunds - a jewel in the crown of Suffolk, surrounded by countryside with 1,000 years of history to explore. Bury St. Edmunds - the home of Saint Edmund - the original patron Saint of England, offers visitors award-winning restaurants, fantastic shopping, annual festivals and stunning parks.
Our final 4 nights are in Dorking - an historic market town surrounded by the beautiful Surrey Hills. You can catch glimpses of the wooded hills and open downland as you walk along the historic streets of the town.
• Shakespeare’s Schoolroom and Guildhall
• Shakespeare Distillery, Gin demo and tasting
• World Heritage Site - Blenheim Palace
• Birmingham Christmas Market
• Cambridge - one of England’s Heritage Cities
• Evening Pantomime
• Thursford Extravaganza
• Holkham Hall and Estate
• London city tour including the Royal Albert Hall
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.