Timeless, ancient and inspiring are just a few words often used to describe the officially designated Britain’s Heritage Cities.
There are 13 cities in England that have been assigned this prestigious designation, and we will explore 9 of them. We will visit the most important heritage sites in each of these cities and listen to the stories that make these cities so special.
These are cities where you can stroll around ancient city walls, soak-up literary legacy, admire the architecture or delve deeper into the Roman and Medieval history. This tour will take us on an epic journey into the past.
*** Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.
- Chester – Roman Amphitheatre
- Lancaster – Lancaster Castle
- York – York Chocolate and Railway Museum
- Lincoln – Lincoln Cathedral
- Cambridge – The Fitzwilliam Museum
- Oxford – Bodleian Libraries
- Stratford-upon-Avon – Shakespeare’s New Place
- Bath - The Roman Baths
- London - ‘Everybody’s Favourite City’
- Greenwich – World Heritage Site