There is no better way to experience Switzerland than by rail. Relax onboard and gaze through the large picture windows as our train climbs and winds its way through the Alps. Sometimes we will ascend to dizzying heights which offer some of the most spectacular views on earth, consisting of crystal clear mountain lakes nestled in pristine wilderness set against towering mountain ranges, and lakeside towns and picture-perfect villages dotting the landscape. To experience this from the comfort of a modern train is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Legendary trains during our tour:
• Jungfrau Railway to Kleine Scheidegg - connects to Europe’s highest railway station - “Top of the World”.
• Bernina Express - This UNESCO Heritage line from St. Moritz to Tirano passes over an incredible 196 bridges!
• A chocolate experience aboard the Belle Epoque’s fin de siecle coaches.
• Panoramic Express (part of the Golden Pass Line) - From Lucerne we travel through Interlaken to Montreux, passing lakes, pastures, waterfalls and quaint chalets trimmed with flowerboxes, all nestled in picturesque valleys surrounded by jagged, snow-topped peaks. This is the quintessential Swiss experience.
• Glacier Express - Perhaps the most popular route. Beginning in Zermatt and ending in St. Moritz, it takes us through mountain landscapes (including the mighty Matterhorn), deep gorges, 91 tunnels and across 291 bridges. The highest point of the trip is crossing the Oberalp Pass - over 6600 feet above sea level!
• Mount Pilatus - Panoramic gondolas take us to the summit to view 73 mountain peaks of Central Switzerland.
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.