Once a powerful seafaring kingdom that dominated the merchant routes to Africa, South America and the Orient, Portugal today is a relaxed country bountiful in
natural beauty, historic monuments and fascinating culture.
Add to this the nation’s love of gastronomy and wine, and the legendary Portuguese hospitality, and you will see why it is the ideal holiday destination.
• The lively historic capital city of Lisbon.
• The Algarve - Portugal’s finest beaches and coastline, including the capital city of Faro.
• Moorish fishing village of Olhão and the lively market.
• The historic seaside port of Lagos.
• The golden-stoned university town of Evora, with its Roman temple, Moorish alleys and medieval walls.
• Alentejo’s expansive rural landscape and wine region.
• The picturesque “white” hilltop town of Monsaraz.
• Guimaraes - said to be where "Portugal was born" with a beautiful historic centre, castle and palace.
• Serra de Strella Mountains - Portugal’s highest range, dotted with remote villages.
• Romantic Oporto - Portugal’s 2nd largest city.
• The stunning Douro River Valley with steeply terraced vineyards for producing Portugal’s famous Port wine.
• Aveiro - the “Portugese Venice” with its charming canals and colourful boats.
• Coimbra - one of Portugal’s oldest cities.
• Sintra - a picturesque hilltop retreat surrounded by opulent palaces and country estates.
*Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.