On this tour we will explore 5 very diverse areas of Peru. We start and finish in the capital city of Lima, which features ruins from the Inca period, art galleries and museums, churches and cathedrals that date from the 16th century and other major historical sites.
Our next stop is the Paracas Nature Reserve (a UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site), dedicated to the conservation of local wildlife and to the history of pre-Inca culture. From here we board a small aircraft to see the famous Nazca Lines - huge line drawings on the coastal plain that pre-date flight by many centuries, yet they can only be seen from the air - a mystery that remains unsolved!
Then we head to Arequipa, surrounded by snow-capped volcanoes, thermal hot springs and the world's deepest canyons. From Arequipa we visit the Colca Canyon to marvel at the scenery and the flight of the Andean Condors.
Then we continue to Lake Titicaca and visit the man-made floating islands, where we discover an ancient way of life that has remained unchanged for centuries.
Our last stop is the lovely colonial city of Cusco, with an excursion to the fabled Machu Picchu. This magical and spectacular site, discovered less than 100 years ago, is located 13,000' above sea level in a deep valley of the towering Andes Mountains. It is considered one of the most well preserved and beautiful ancient cities on the planet.
- The capital city, Lima
- World-Renowned Nazca Lines
- Arequipa, known as the “White City”
- Colca Canyon - twice as deep as the Grand Canyon!
- Lake Titicaca and the man-made floating islands
- Machu Picchu - a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Cuzco - a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Inca ruins of Pachacamac, Andahuaylillas, Ollantaytambo and many more!
* This tour is suitable only for the fit and active traveller.