Bordering Russia, Poland Hungary, Romania and the Black Sea, Ukraine is one of Europe’s most intriguing countries in Europe. Diverse and largely undiscovered, Ukraine is a nation rich in colourful tradition, warm-hearted people and “off-the-beaten path” experiences.
We begin our adventure in the port city of Odessa, on the Black Sea coast. Originally founded as a Russian naval fortress, the city boasts a labyrinth of underground catacombs, a beautiful opera house and luscious beaches.
Ukraine’s capital, Kiev, has some of Eastern Europe’s most spectacular golden domed cathedrals, fascinating religious history, hip neighborhoods and awe-inspiring architecture. A highlight here will be a Ukrainian Zabava - a performance of traditional song and dance.
After Kiev we spend some time in the awe-inspiring Carpathian Mountains range, known for its crisp, clean air and healing mineral waters. Then we proceed to Lviv, affectionately referred to as the “Paris of the Ukraine” - a modern city with a well-preserved old European feel.
• Performance at Opera and Ballet Theatre
• Shabo winery tour
• Kyiv Pechersk Monastery
• St. Volodymyr’s Cathedral and St. Sophia’s Cathedral
• Andriyivskyy Uzviz - Kiev’s most ancient street
• Holodomor Museum
• Kamianets-Podilsky Fortress
• Tulova Village Experience & a traditional wedding
• Kosiv Bazar & Ceramic Demonstration
• Retro train city tour and walking tour of Lviv, including a visit of the Lviv Opera House
• A traditional Ukrainian zabava performance
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.