Spectacular views, charming seaside towns, world-famous cuisine and a relaxing life style are just some of the features that make Italy’s Cinque Terre and Amalfi Coast two of the world’s most visited destinations.
The Cinque Terre is known for its spectacular hiking paths that link the 5 towns. The Amalfi Coast equally offers stunning views, and it also has one of Italy’s largest concentration of gardens, villas and museums. This tour is designed for avid walkers and moderate hikers. Each day there will be a choice of two walks, ranging from 5 - 10 kms with ascents averaging 300m, led by experienced hiking guides.
Our home base for the first 5-nights is the family-run Hotel Carla situated near the Ligurian coast in the town of Levanto - known as the hidden gem of the Italian Riviera, and considered the gateway of the Cinque Terre.
On the Amalfi Coast we’ll stay at the Reginna Palace Hotel, set in a truly spectacular location overlooking the bay, right by the Maiori waterfront and city centre - a perfect base from which to explore the region.
• Exploring the 5 towns of the Cinque Terre by way of the famous spectacular walking paths
• Full-day guided tour to Camogli, including a boat trip to San Fruttuoso Abbey and Portofino
• Visit of Montepulciano with lunch
• Excursion to Mount Vesuvius including lunch
• Guided visits of Amalfi and Ravello, with a visit of Villa Rufolo
• The ancient Sentieri dei Limoni (Path of the Lemons)
• Positano and the “Pathway of the Gods”
* Those participating on this walking tour must be able to complete up to 7 km of walking on varied terrain.