Between the solitude of Yorkshire’s glorious wilderness, and the charm of cobbled streets in its quaint villages, the quiet beauty of Yorkshire will have you hooked.
This unique walking tour will include “gentle’ walks that range from 9 - 12 km with a maximum ascent of 320m, led by experienced hiking guides. There are 2 other walks available each day for those who prefer more of a challenge. Our walks will take in the amazing landscapes that Yorkshire is known for, and we will also stop at historic pubs oozing with character, so we can sample the local culture, cuisine and perhaps a pint or two as well!
We’ll spend the first 7 nights in The Yorkshire Dales - the quintessential landscape of Northern England. Our country house hotel, Newfield Hall, sits in open countryside where you enjoy the surrounding scenery of green patchwork fields, drystone walls and wild moorland hills.
The next 3 nights will be in Sedbergh, known for its old-world atmosphere. Our country house hotel, Thorns Hall, is set in the magnificent western dales of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, and also also close to the rugged eastern fells of the Lake District.
Our final 2 nights are in Liverpool. The birthplace of the Beatles brims with maritime culture, magnificent Georgian and Victorian architecture, and countless attractions.
• Guided walks through the wild landscape of the Southern Yorkshire Dales
• Green valleys and waterfalls on riverside strolls
• Quaint villages and the warm Yorkshire hospitality
• 2 Lunches at authentic Yorkshire village pubs
• Lake District Cruise
• Liverpool - Beatles landmarks, Maritime Mercantile City and World Heritage Sites
* Those participating on this walking tour must be able to complete a minimum of 11 km of walking.