Spring is the perfect time of year to enjoy this unique tour of Italy’s beautiful hilltop towns.
We begin in the great Renaissance town of Perugia - an historic artistic centre, and visit the nearby rose-coloured medieval town of Assisi. Next is Rimini - a premier resort on the Adriatic, and from here we explore the world’s oldest independent republic - San Marino, and Ravenna, which has some of the world’s finest Byzantine mosaics. We then stay in Preganziol, near the historic centre of Venice, and explore the canal city’s many treasures.
In Tuscany (a favourite region of Italy for visitors) we discover Pisa with its leaning tower, and Florence - the “Cradle of the Renaissance”. We continue to the elegant spa town of Chianciano Terme - famous for its healing waters that have been curing the ailments of visitors for centuries. During our stay here our excursions will include medieval Cortona - built on the dramatic slopes once enclosed by vast Etruscan walls, and Montepulciano - one of the region’s loveliest villages. We end our tour in Rome - the "Eternal City" of endless art, romance and monuments that testify to its ancient and imperial past.
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.
• Umbrian capital of Perugia
• St. Francis Basilica in Assisi
• Cliffside town of Gubbio
• The independent republic of San Marino
• Adriatic coastal route to Ravenna
• St. Mark’s square and the Bridge of Sighs in Venice
• The university city of Padua
• Charming medieval Lucca
• Pisa’s famous tower, Duomo and Baptistry
• The elegant city of Florence
• Siena and Montecatini
• The Spa town of Chianciano and Cortona “Under the Tuscan Sun”
• Montepulciano with its baroque, medieval and Renaissance architecture
• Italy’s capital city Rome