It is rich in culture, customs and tradition as evident in the local art, music, cuisine, architecture and language. It is also one of the most naturally scenic places in Italy with a coastline of pristine sandy beaches, dramatic cliffs and rocky shores with crystal-clear azure waters, while inland is characterized by rolling hills, fruit and olive orchards, ancient villages and archaeological treasures.
We begin with 2 nights in Palermo, followed by 4 nights on the western side of the island in Mazara del Vallo, famous as one of Italy’s foremost fishing harbours. Mazara is a diverse, multi-ethnic city where the people are known for their warm hospitality. The area has seen a myriad of rulers (including Arabs and Normans) which is apparent in the great variety of architectural styles.
We then travel to the eastern side of the island for a 6-night stay in the elegant cliff-top resort town of Taormina.
Our tour will also include a sampling of local wines and regional specialties.
• Palermo’s Duomo (Cathedral), Capo Market & Monreale
• The Greek archaeological site of Segesta
• Arab-flavoured town of Mazara Del Vallo
• Boat trip to the island of Mozia
• Historic centre of Marsala with lunch at a winery
• Valley of the Temples in Agrigento
• Cliff-side town of Taormina
• Giardini Naxos seafront boardwalk
• Riviera of the Cyclops and city of Catania
• Sicilian hilltop towns of Savoca and Forza D’Agroas
• The ancient city of Syracuse
*Those participating in any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.