We begin with a 6-night stay at La Pagerie Hotel in Martinique’s most famous beach resort area, La Pointe du Bout. The hotel is in the colourful town of Les Trois-Islets overlooking the “Baie des Flamants” and the capital - Fort-de-France. Our exploration of Martinique will include Fort-de-France, the Northern region with majestic Mount Pelée, the Carbet Mountain range rainforests, the former capital of Saint Pierre with its wonderful coastline, the Southeastern region with its many fascinating museums and authentic villages, and Martinique’s most beautiful beach - Les Salines.
Next we discover Guadeloupe, an archipelago of 5 islands with distinct landscapes, breathtaking azure seas and white sand beaches - a watersport and nature lover’s paradise! We will enjoy 7 nights on Grande-Terre Island at La Créole Beach & Spa - a beautiful beachfront property with daily activities, entertainment and delicious international buffets. Our sightseeing will include the large butterfly-shaped main island of Grande-Terre with its lively town, Pointe-à-Pitre, the scenic countryside of Grand-Fonds with its spectacular cliffs, and Basse-Terre with its volcanic mountains covered in lush vegetation, charming hamlets and marine cul-de-sac lagoons.
Tour Highlights in Martinique:
• Guided walking tour of Fort-de-France
• Northern Region - Balata Botanical Garden, Award winning Depaz Rum Distillery, St. Pierre’s Volcano Museum, Carbet Beach and more!
• Southeast Region - La Pagerie Museum, l’Habitation Clément and the most beautiful Les Salines Beach
• Savane des Esclaves (slavery) open-air Museum
Tour Highlights in Guadeloupe:
• Guided tour of Pointe-à-Pitre
• Grande Terre Island and Grand Fonds countryside, Saint-François Pointe des Châteaux Peninsula, Sainte-Anne market and stunning white beaches
• Northern Basse-Terre Island; Guadeloupe National Park with its Crayfish Waterfall, Deshaies Botanical Garden and Sainte-Rose Ecomuseum