It is with good reason that the French Riviera, Italian Riviera and Tuscany are so popular: mild weather; historic sites and romantic scenic beauty. Attractions include villages made from ancient golden stone, grand castles, chateaux and hillside vineyards and farms. The aroma of citrus trees and lavender fill the air. The museums, galleries, cobble-stone streets and colourful local markets add their appeal.
The French Riviera - Beautiful sunsets, sidewalk cafes, flower markets and vineyards. Our 6-night stay in Nice (on a dreamy stretch of the French Riviera known as the Cote d’Azur) is at the boutique styled Hotel Massena - located within a five-minute walk of the beach, old town and flower market.
Highlights of our visit here include:
• Nice - seaside old-world opulence and vibrant street life
• St. Tropez - sizzling jet-set favourite
• Port Grimaud - little Venice of Provence
• Grasse - perfumery of Provence
• Tourrettes-sur Loup - medieval city of artists
• Saint-Paul - favourite haunt of Picasso and Roger Moore
• Eze - a jewel in the Riviera's crown
• Monaco / Monte Carlo - playground of the rich & famous
The Italian Riviera is known for its many picturesque and historic towns and villages, dramatic scenery of spectacular cliffs, rugged coastline and small bays. We stay 2 nights in the Grand Hotel Villa Balbi (or similar) in Sestri Levante - a quaint seaside village. We will visit:
• Portofino - beautiful coastal village on its own peninsula
• Santa Margherita - picture-perfect seaside promenade
• Cinque Terre - 5 villages with dramatic coastal scenery
Tuscany - Picture-postcard hills covered by vineyards, olive groves and stone farmhouses, and the great renaissance cities of Florence and Pisa. We stay in the resort town of Viareggio graced with a lovely coastline of sandy beaches and parks. The Hotel President is located right on the seafront esplanade across from the beach. We will visit:
• Siena - medieval home to the famous Palio horse race
• Chianti - vineyards, olive groves, stone farmhouses
• Florence – Cradle of the Renaissance
• Pisa – world famous leaning tower
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.