Mexico’s Copper Canyon is considered the most scenic rail trip on the continent. Many describe it as more spectacular than the Grand Canyon.
This string of breathtaking canyons wind through the Sierra Madre Mountains, and are home to a vibrant tapestry of landscapes - from the immense cliffs that tower overhead and plummet to a seemingly bottomless abyss below, to the fertile green valleys and fragrant orchards, and to wind-blown crops and desert sands. This amazing journey traverses 37 bridges and 86 tunnels, and crosses interlocking canyons that are deeper, narrower and longer than any in the Americas.
The rail portion of our tour will take us through the Sierra Madre Mountains aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Regional Railway (known as El Chepe). The construction of this comfortable, well-appointed train is considered a masterpiece of Mexican engineering. In addition to admiring the views, we will experience the indigenous cultures and visit archaeological sites and charming colonial towns with their uniquely talented artisans.
• Chihuahua and the Pancho Villa Museum
• El Chepe Train through the Sierra Madre Mountains
• Copper Canyon Adventure Park
• Dramatic Cable Car ride through the canyon
• The beautiful colonial town of El Fuerte
• The spectacular Urique Canyon
• Creel, known locally as the “Magical Town”
• Ancient Paquime - a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Traditional lunch with a local Mennonite Community
• Grutas Nombre de Dios Grottos (Name of God Grottos)