Yorkshire is famous for its landscape of grazing sheep on stone-built farms, villages dotting the countryside, lush green valleys, dramatic moorlands and magnificent mountains. This region has been the setting for many of the UK’s favourite TV shows and films. Our first 7 nights will be in the remarkable town of Harrogate, described by the famous landscape architect, Lancelot Brown, as the “finest, fairest town in all of England”. This former spa town has gracious esplanades delightful for strolling.
The next 5 nights are in Worcester, known for its Cathedral, University and Worcestershire Sauce! Surrounded by stunning countryside, the city combines English charm and fascinating history with all the modern conveniences. We will spend our days exploring Herefordshire, Shropshire and the quintessentially English Cotswolds.
Our final night will be in Surrey.
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.
• UNESCO World Heritage Site of Saltaire
• Skipton Market
• Fountains Abbey - Britain's most complete Cistercian abbey and World Heritage Site
• Newby Hall - one of Britain’s finest Robert Adam houses
• Thirsk - home to “All Creatures Great and Small”
• York Chocolate
• Golden-hued Cotswolds towns and villages
• Chatsworth House
• Ludlow - one of England’s most lovely towns
• Weston’s Cider - family owned since 1880