Our first 7 nights will be in the remarkable Yorkshire town of Harrogate, described by the famous landscape architect, Lancelot Brown, as the “finest, fairest town in all of England”. This elegant town flourished in the Regency and Victorian eras as a spa town and has gracious esplanades delightful for strolling.
For the latter portion of our tour we will stay in Worcester - the beautiful University and Cathedral city in the Heart of England on the doorstep of the Cotswolds. Worcester combines quintessential English charm with all the modern conveniences. We will spend our days exploring this region, with its villages of golden-hued cottages set amidst the stunning English countryside.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site of Saltaire
- Skipton Market
- Fountains Abbey - Britain's most complete Cistercian abbey and World Heritage Site
- Newby Hall - one of Britain’s finest Robert Adam houses
- Thirsk - home to “All Creatures Great and Small”
- York Chocolate
- Golden-hued Cotswolds towns and villages
- Chatsworth House
- Ludlow - one of England’s most lovely towns
- Weston’s Cider - family owned since 1880
- Shakespeare’s birthplace - Stratford-Upon-Avon
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.