• Lisbon • Fatima • Oporto • Deluxe All-Inclusive resort in Madeira
Portugal - cobblestone villages, captivating cities, a rich and unique culture, fascinating history, idyllic scenery and great food are just the beginning. On this tour we will see the lively capital city of Lisbon, explore the authentic cities in the north and enjoy a week at a Deluxe oceanfront resort on the magical island of Madeira - a lush oasis with a mild climate, dramatic seascapes and magnificent flowers that flourish only here.
We begin with an overnight in the bustling city of Lisbon, then venture north to the ancient medieval walled city of Obidos, and Nazare - a picturesque seaside village on the Atlantic coast. Next is a visit to Aveiro, dubbed the Venice of Portugal with its picturesque canals lined with moliceiros originally used to harvest seaweed, now used for canal cruising.
Then we proceed to what many consider the highlight of northern Portugal - the picturesque city of Oporto, built into granite cliffs overlooking the beautiful river Douro. The city is a charming blend of architectural gems from several historic periods, including Roman, Gothic, Baroque, Neo-classic and Renaissance eras. There are narrow medieval alleyways and squares, extravagant baroque churches and wide boulevards lined with stately edifices.
In Coimbra we will see the ancient university perched high above the Mondego River before continuing to Batalha where we will visit the Batalha Monastery - one of Europe's greatest Gothic masterpieces and a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site. We will also overnight in Fatima - famous for the 1917 reported apparitions of the Virgin Mary.
From Northern Portugal we will fly to the breathtaking island of Madeira for a delightful 7-night stay at a Deluxe oceanfront resort with touring included. We end our tour in Lisbon with a city tour and an afternoon at leisure to explore this lively and historic capital city.
• Walled city of Obidos / colourful fishing village of Nazare
• Tour of Oporto and a scenic boat ride on the Rio Douro
• Batalha Monastery - UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Fatima - a centre of Christian pilgrimage
• Lush Botanical Quinto Gardens do Lago
• 2 full-day tours of the enchanting island of Madeira
• The historic and lively city of Lisbon
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.