We begin with a stay in the most romantic of all cities; Paris, then wind our way through the historic heart of Europe, to the place where all roads lead … Rome!
Of course this is just the beginning; for beyond the grandeur of the Champs de Elysée and the iconic Coliseum we include the following highlights:
• Annecy – An Alpine lake village with canals and an old town dotted with exquisite pastel houses.
• Lyon – This is the Gastronomy capital, known for “Bouchons” (a traditional Lyonnais restaurant), its “traboules” (covered passageways) and silk manufacturing.
• Nice – The capital of the French Riviera and the very definition of old world decadence.
• Monaco / Monte Carlo – home to the world’s most famous auto race, Grand Casino, and rich and famous
• Sestri Levante - a coastal town with a fairy-tale tradition, once visited by Hans Christianits Andersen
• Verona – Juliet’s famous balcony.
• Cinque Terre – One of Italy’s most charming and breathtaking natural and cultural Wonders
• Lake Garda – We stay near Italy’s largest lake, which has inspired many artists with its extreme beauty!
• Venice – This legendary city is built on innumerable narrow canals, with maze-like alleys, small romantic squares and limitless opportunities for exploration.
• Pisa – Of Leaning Tower fame.
• Florence – The birthplace of the Renaissance, capital of Tuscany and home to Michelangelo’s “David”, Botticelli’s “The Birth of Venus” and Da Vinci’s “Annunciation”.
• Vatican City – This is not only the seat of the Roman Catholic Church, but the site of Michelangelo’s masterpiece - the breathtaking “Sistine Chapel”.
We’ll also discover the charms of smaller towns along the way. Added highlights include 4 high-speed train trips (2 in each country) which reach speeds of 400 km/h.
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.