More than just a matter of getting from point A to point B, a train journey around Scotland can be one of the best (and most comfortable) ways of admiring the stunning landscapes around the country - hundreds of miles of misty mountains, glittering lochs, quaint villages and even elegant mansions - all to be enjoyed with a cup of tea in hand and no chance of getting caught in the rain!
Sailing, whether on one of Scotland’s many Lochs or getting from the mainland to one of the islands, is another true Scottish experience. These cruises provide great opportunities to relax and take in the magnificent and historical scenery, and perhaps even a chance of seeing the elusive Loch Ness monster!
*** Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.
- Strathspey Railway - 40 years of Steam Rail Travel in the Highlands
- The West Highland Line
- Loch Sheil Cruise
- The Jacobite Steam Train - one of the world's greatest train journeys
- The Kyle Train Line, linking Inverness to the Isle of Skye
- Tobermory, on the Isle of Mull
- Blair Athol Castle and Distillery
- Jacobite Cruise on Loch Ness, and Urquhart Castle
- Stirling Castle
- Loch Lomond Cruise
- City Tour of Glasgow