The beautiful island of Sicily is the largest in the Mediterranean and proudly unique from the rest of Italy.
It is rich in culture, customs and tradition as evident in the local art, music, cuisine, architecture and language. It is also one of the most naturally scenic places in Italy with a coastline of pristine sandy beaches, dramatic cliffs and rocky shores with crystal-clear azure waters, while inland is characterized by rolling hills, fruit and olive orchards, ancient villages and archaeological treasures.
We begin with 2 nights in Palermo, followed by 4 nights on the western side of the island in Mazara del Vallo, famous as one of Italy’s foremost fishing harbours. Mazara is a diverse, multi-ethnic city where people live in harmony and are known for their warm hospitality. The area has seen a myriad of rulers (including Arabs and Normans) which is apparent in the great variety of architectural styles.
We then travel to the eastern side of the island for a 6-night stay in the elegant cliff-top resort town of Taormina.
Our tour will also include a sampling of local wines and regional specialties.
• Palermo’s Duomo (Cathedral), Capo Market & Monreale
• The Greek archaeological site of Segesta
• Arab-flavoured town of Mazara Del Vallo
• Boat trip to the island of Mozia
• Historic centre of Marsala with lunch at a winery
• Valley of the Temples in Agrigento
• Cliff-side town of Taormina
• Giardini Naxos seafront boardwalk
• Riviera of the Cyclops and city of Catania
• Sicilian hilltop towns of Savoca and Forza D’Agroas
• The ancient city of Syracuse
***Those participating in any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.