We begin in London and finish in Paris, and en route we will visit the D-Day Landing beaches of Normandy, the Somme, Vimy Ridge and the Flanders Fields, revisiting some remarkable tales of bravery and courage. In London we will ride in a beautifully restored pre-war double decker learning about life and survival in London during the Blitz (along with some time at leisure). After discovering Portsmouth Harbour, we cross the English Channel to Normandy, and follow in the footsteps of our bravest soldiers on the most famous battlefields, as well as enjoying the serene towns of Arras and Ypres. We conclude our journey in the City of Lights, enjoying some of Paris’ most iconic sites before flying home to Canada.
• Thames River Cruise
• London-at-War Coach Tour
• Portsmouth D-Day Museum and Historic Dockyard including the HMS Victory and Mary Rose
• Pegasus Bridge
• Normandy’s Landing Beaches including Dieppe
• Juno Beach Centre
• Disembarkation Museum of Arromanches
• The Somme Battlefields
• Beaumont Hamel Memorial Park
• Wellington Tunnel in Arras
• Vimy Ridge Tour of the Tunnels and Trenches Memorial
• In Flanders Fields Museum in Ypres
• Illumination Cruise on the Seine River
• Paris City Tour
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.