We begin in Reims in the Champagne region, where the wine has been associated with celebration and luxury for hundreds of years.
Next is the Alsace region - a mix of rich pastoral farmland, manicured vineyards and charming villages with timber-framed houses. Our home base will be Strasbourg - the vibrant capital of Alsace, and atmospheric Colmar with its stunningly beautiful architecture.
Then we explore Burgundy - one of the most fascinating areas in France as well as one of the world’s most influential wine growing regions.
We finish with 3-nights in Paris. Whether you are browsing in one of the famous museums or enjoying a stroll in one of the quaint quarters, a visit to Paris is always memorable.
- Wine tasting at a renowned winery in each region
- Visit of both Champagne’s major centres of production
- Visit the beautiful town of Metz and the St-Etienne Cathedral with Chagall stained-glass
- Canal Cruise in Strasbourg
- Visit of Haut-Koenigsbourg Castle
- The ‘Little Train’ ride from Ribeauvillé to Hunawihr
- Excursion to Germany’s Black Forest and Titisee Lake including a traditional Bavarian lunch
- Visit to Bartholdi Museum
- Visit to Beaune’s Hotel Dieu
- Visit to Dijon’s covered Market “Les Halles”
- Visit to the Abbey of St. Mary Magdalene
- Tour of Paris with an evening cruise on the Seine River
***Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.