The “gentle” walks range from 4 - 6.5km with a maximum ascent of 200m, led by an experienced hiking guide. The itinerary here describes the “gentle” walk. There are 2 other walks available each day for those who want more of a challenge.
We spend the first 7 nights in Lulworth on the Jurassic Coast in Dorset. The coast along the cove here is a listed UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its beauty, rock formations and geological significance. The inspiring landscape features Jurassic and Cretaceous rocks, towering cliffs, picture-postcard harbours, arches, caves and beautiful beaches.
The following 4 nights are in the county of Surrey, in the charming historic market town of Dorking, surrounded by the beautiful wooded Surrey Hills. During our stay here we will explore the ancient cities of Brighton and Winchester, as well as one of Britains’ top 10 vineyards.
• Isle of Purdeck and the Victorian seaside town of Swanage
• Tyneham - the ‘lost village’ and hidden gem!
• Village of Corfe Castle
• Max Gate - former home of Thomas Hardy
• Iconic arch of Durdle Door
• One of Dorset’s Wine Estates
• Winchester - England’s ancient capital
• Brighton - Vibrant, Colourful & Creative
• Greyfriars Vineyard
* Those participating on this walking tour must be able to complete a minimum of 6 km of walking.