On this glorious guided walking tour we will enjoy a relaxed pace of discovery as we admire panoramic mountain, lake and river views from various peaks and fells, look out for wildlife, find secret corners, learn about the Lakes’ history and visit charming lakeside villages
We’ll spend the first 7 nights in Coniston where, in the evenings after our walks, we can relax and admire fantastic mountain views from our Country House hotel on the shores of Conistonwater. In this much-loved area of the Lake District we will walk in the footsteps of Wordsworth, Ruskin and Beatrix Potter, and discover the awe-inspiring places and scenery that stirred their imaginations.
The next 3 nights will be in Derwent Water, known as the ‘Queen of the Lakes’. The gentle beauty of this area includes the picture-postcard valleys of Buttermere and Borrowdale surrounded by lofty mountains. Many poets and artists have been inspired by the sheer splendour of these landscapes.
Our last night is spent in Liverpool, home to the 2nd most museums and galleries in the UK (next to London). Originally home to The Fab Four, Liverpool is one of the world’s top Music Cities and home to a six-area UNESCO World Heritage Site!
• Rydal Hall, including the 17th Century Thomas Mawson Gardens
• Bowness-on-Windermere’s galleries and shops
• The Langdale and Coniston Fells
• Walker-friendly pubs and tearooms in Keswick.
• A Victorian steam-powered Yacht Gondola ride
• Dalemain House with Afternoon Tea
• Liverpool’s Beatles and UNESCO World Heritage Sites
* Those participating on this walking tour must be able to complete a minimum of 6 km of walking.