Discover picturesque hilltop villages, spectacular landscape of the Southern Alps and Mediterranean Sea and gorgeous architecture, complemented by delicious freshly prepared local cuisine and wines. Designed for the avid walker (and moderate hiker), each day we will enjoy walks ranging from 5 - 12 km with ascents of 100m – 400m, led by experienced hiking guides on good paths (which are sometimes rocky underfoot).
We begin in Provence with 5 nights in charming Gréoux-les-Bains - an ancient Roman town with thermal baths. Our hotel is the Villa Borghese, a member of the prestigious Château Demeures de Tradition group. The hotel has beautiful grounds, a spa, an outdoor heated swimming pool shaded by century old oak trees and a restaurant renowned for the quality of its regional cuisine.
We spend the next 5 nights in the Riviera’s best kept secret - Menton, known throughout the country as “The Pearl of France”. Menton’s old town with its pastel-coloured buildings, fragrant lemon trees and pristine beachfront is a delight. Situated at the base of the Alps, the town is a hiker’s paradise. We will stay at the lovingly restored Hotel Royal Westminster - a 19th century Belle Epoque style palace located directly on the seafront promenade (all of our rooms are seaview!)
• Explore dramatic clifftop villages described as the most beautiful in France
• Visit of Simiane-La-Rotonde Castle
• Visits of Salagon’s Abbey and Banon village
• Visit of Eze Exotic Garden
• Walking tour of Menton
• Enjoy amazing views of the Verdon Gorge - the largest canyon in Europe, and of the Provencal Colorado
• Guided visit of Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
• An excursion to Italy’s beloved Liguria region, with a typical Italian lunch and guided visit of Dolceacqua
* Those participating on this walking tour must be able to complete up to 11 km of walking on varied terrain.