On this exciting new tour we will walk through impressive countryside and picturesque villages led by experienced, expert hiking guides. Each day you may choose from 3 levels of walks. The easier walks will cover about 10km/day, with ascents of up to 240m.
Our first 7 nights will be in Abingworth, set out along the rolling hills and magnificent chalk cliffs of the South Downs. This wildlife-rich chalk downland is a colourful tapestry of historic villages, thatched cottages, pastoral landscapes of sweeping cornfields and market towns.
Our next 3 nights are on the Isle of Wight - a designated Area of Outstanding National Beauty. A world away from the hustle and bustle of the mainland, the island’s glorious 85-mile coastline boasts unspoiled sandy beaches and dramatic white cliffs.
Our final 2 nights will be in Lyndhurst, known as the capital of the New Forest since William the Conqueror established it as a royal hunting ground in 1079. Lyndhurst has been a favourite holiday destination for kings and queens throughout the centuries.
- Breathtaking views of the iconic chalk cliffs / Beachy Head and the Seven Sisters
- The historic town of Arundel
- 17th century Petworth Mansion
- Market town of Steyning
- Brighton - England’s best-known seaside resorts
- Osborne House - former home of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert
- Isle of Wight’s famous Needles
- The thatched village of Godshill
- Quintessential romantic castle, Carisbrooke
- Award winning National Motor Museum and Beaulieu House
- The enchanting New Forest
*** Those participating on this walking tour must be able to complete up to 10km of walking per day.