With some of the most enduring historical monuments on earth, we start our Egyptian adventure in Cairo (City of a Thousand Minarets) - a fascinating blend of ancient and modern. Nearby is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Pyramids. As you will see however, Cairo has a lot more to offer - grand mosques, bustling bazaars and plenty of ancient landmarks around every turn.
After Cairo we will glide back in time to the “Land of the Pharaohs” on our unforgettable Nile cruise, and see the vast collection of temples and tombs that serve as an eternal museum for the world’s oldest civilization. The cruise takes us to Aswan, Edfu, Kom Ombo, Luxor and the Valley of the Kings and Queens, while experiencing the renowned Egyptian hospitality.
We will cruise in the comfort of our First Class riverboat – the MS Blue Shadow (or similar), a ship specifically built for Nile cruising. Cabins have a window, private bathroom with shower and air-conditioning. Amenities on board include entertainment, a lounge bar, gift shop, a swimming pool and pool bar. All shore excursions are included, and a trained Egyptologist will accompany us to each site.
• Visit the Great Pyramids of Giza & the mighty Sphinx
• Touring in Cairo including a guided tour of the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities
• Visit the famous Khan El Khalili Bazaar
• Sail in a felucca across the Nile
• Visit the Valley of the Kings to see the tombs of Tut Ankh Amun and Ramses VI
• The Temple of Karnak, Luxor, Queen Hatshepsut and the Colossi of Memnon in Luxor
• Visit the High Dam and Unfinished Obelisk in Aswan
• The Ramses II statue & Alabaster Sphinx in Memphis
* Those joining our tours to the MIddle East must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.