Warm ocean breezes, oceanfront promenades, countless attractions, world class wines and a laid-back lifestyle are just some of the features that make California the most visited destination in North America. This relaxing and delightful tour takes in the best of Southern California, while still allowing time to do your own thing!
Upon arrival we will have an overnight and tour in Los Angeles, and then proceed to the quaint seaside town of Dana Point for a 13-night stay. Located between Los Angeles and San Diego on the California Riviera, the town is set in a natural cove between dramatic cliffs and the clear waters of the Pacific. It is a perfect place to stroll in the parks along the shoreline and enjoy the beauty of the ocean. Dana Point hosts a large marina with yachts and other small pleasure boats, and nearby are 2 tropical-style shopping villages and many restaurants.
We will stay at the Marina Inn - a charming informal hotel with a relaxed atmosphere, perfectly situated near the marina and shopping villages. All of our harbour view rooms are spacious with a balcony. On-site is a heated swimming pool and a fitness room.
Our stay in Dana Point will coincide with the Festival of Whales, celebrating the annual migration of thousands of these giant mammals. We will have the opportunity to take a whale watching cruise and watch them frolicking in the warm coastal waters.
• Tour of Los Angeles and Hollywood, with a visit to see the art, architecture and gardens of the Getty Center
• The Ocean Institute
• Coastal Tour - Laguna, Newport Beach and the horticultural oasis of Sherman Gardens
• Nixon Presidential Library
• Wine Tasting Cruise with breathtaking coastal views
• Carlsbad Flower Fields and Village
• Mission San Juan Capistrano
• Palm Springs - Indian Canyon, a Date Ranch and a matinee theatre show.
• San Diego, including the world famous zoo