Our home base (10 nights) will be Avignon, located in the heart of Provence. This beautiful city has magnificent 18th century architecture, shaded squares, narrow streets named after ancient trades (bonnetterie, teinturier, infirmière etc.), gardens along the Rhône River, weekly and daily food markets, boutiques and museums. The city is also a lively art and cultural center, and boasts a fine transport system with regular routes to surrounding towns.
We will stay at the 4-star Mercure Pont d’Avignon, located within the old city walls in a quiet area - an easy walk to restaurants, shopping streets and main attractions. Hotel facilities include a bar, lounge, garden and free WiFi.
We conclude our tour with 2 nights in the multicultural city of Marseille with its rich maritime history, vibrant old port, quaint neighbourhoods, impressive esplanade and breathtaking views over the Mediterranean Sea.
• Visit of the Popes Palace and Pont d’Avignon.
• Chef demonstration and tasting of local specialties.
• Visit Arles and Camargue, and typical Manade lunch.
• Provence Roman heritage - Maison Carrée, Nimes Amphitheater, Pont du Gard and Orange Theater.
• Luberon villages, and a visit of the Lavender Museum.
• Mont Ventoux, Provencal’s largest market, wine tasting.
• Truffle hunt demonstration, including a savory lunch.
• Walking tour of Aix-en-Provence and village of Cassis.
• 2-night stay in Marseille and tour of the highlights.
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.