Join us on this fascinating tour highlighting the rich heritage and natural beauty of Central Mexico!
We start in the the world-class cultural hub of Mexico City, where the ancient co-exists with the modern in perfect harmony. We’ll explore the city by coach and foot, fully immersing ourselves in the sights, sounds and storied history of this vibrant capital.
Next up is the sophisticated, yet genuinely Mexican city of Querétaro, one of the most important cities in Mexico during the colonial period. The city's old town has charming andadores (pedestrian streets), gorgeous plazas, historic churches and many beautiful baroque-style buildings that add to the city’s grandeur.
Jalpan de Serra is designated one of Mexico’s “Magical Towns”, for its natural beauty and cultural riches. As we walk the cobblestone paths we’ll immerse ourselves in the culture and history of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
We end our tour in the remote hillside town of Xilitla, surrounded by remarkable tropical scenery and a variety of landscapes. A highlight will be our visit to the Edward James Surrealist Garden - a fantastical jungle sculpture garden curated by eccentric British poet Edward James.
• Mexico City’s famous National Museum of Anthropology
• The important religious site of Guadalupe Shrine
• Teotihuacan Archaeological Site (UNESCO)
• The Wine and Cheese route of Queretaro
• Missions of the Sierra Gorda of Queretaro (UNESCO)
• The Magical Town of Xilitla
* This tour is suited only for the fit and active traveller .