We begin our journey in Moscow, with the Kremlin and Red Square at its heart. We will wander within the walls of the ancient city, marvel at the magnificence of St. Basil's Cathedral and the monuments of fallen heroes. However, Moscow is not stuck in the past, with plenty of great shopping and modern restaurants.
From Moscow we take the train to Kazan - idyllically situated on the Volga River where church belfries and minarets abound. This land of the “Volga Tatars”, (associated with Genghis Khan) is a mix of Slavic and Tatar cultures and a fascinating place to discover.
We then fly to St. Petersburg - originally built as a display of Imperial Russia’s glory, with marvellous cathedrals and palaces, a maze of canals and bridges, some of the world’s most famous museums and imposing monuments.
* Those joining any of our tours to Europe must be able to walk fairly long distances and climb stairs easily.
• Red Square: the heart of Moscow
• GUM: Russia’s most famous shopping mall
• The Kremlin
• Tretyakov Gallery showcasing Russian Art
• Arbat Street, the oldest pedestrian street in Moscow
• Tatarstan Premium train Moscow to Kazan
• The old city of Kazan on the Volga River
• The unique Island town of Sviyazhsk
• St. Petersburg’s Peter & Paul Fortress
• The prestigious Hermitage Museum
• Peterhof’s grand palaces, gardens and fountains
• The palace of Catherine the Great in Pushkin
• A canal cruise in St. Petersburg