Prince Edward Island’s beach walks are a major attraction - like a halo of soft red sand lapped by what is known as the “warmest waters north of the Carolinas”. As we walk along the island’s most scenic coastlines, we will enjoy the peace and solitude, impressive vistas, and refreshing dips in the waves as often as we like. Inland walking will take in the best sections of the Confederation Trail - a former rail line revived as a hiking and biking trail that snakes through farmland, forest, and wildflower meadows. If you liked the “Anne of Green Gables” story, you will be delighted with the opportunity to see your reflection in the enchanted bookcase, gaze across the Lake of Shining Waters, and visit many of the landscapes that inspired Lucy Maud Montgomery. The outstanding fresh seafood that the island is famous for, as well as the legendary Island hospitality, is everywhere to be found.
• Confederation Centre of the Arts
• Anne of Green Musical Performance
• PEI National Park beaches
• The Confederation Trail
• The Fisheries Museum of Basin Head
• Green Gables Heritage Place
• The Homestead Trail and Cavendish Beach
• Robinson’s Island Trail
* Those participating in this walking tour must be able to complete up to 14km of walking on varied terrain.